2020 has reaffirmed our commitment to and awe of all healthcare professionals. Words cannot express how grateful we are to our amazing and resilient community that works tirelessly on the front lines every day.
The year started on a high note with our FDA clearance of AFib and Murmur analysis algorithms in January, making the Eko CORE and Eko DUO the first AI-powered stethoscopes. Then, COVID-19 hit and profoundly changed every sense of normalcy, requiring health systems to respond to patients' and providers' changing needs.
In 2020 we took the following steps to better support our community of providers:
- Eko Telehealth – Eko Telehealth brings high-fidelity auscultation sounds, ECG, and AI analysis to conduct a more comprehensive exam, even when the patient and provider are in different locations. Delivering remote care quickly and easily improves patient outcomes by detecting disease and complications early. Remote care can also help to reduce patient and provider exposure to infectious disease.
- Sound quality improvements – In collaboration with 3M, Eko launched the Littmann® CORE Digital Stethoscope bringing industry leading audio quality and active noise cancellation to digital stethoscopes.
- Improved user interface – We improved the Eko App experience with numerous releases throughout the year. An anatomical position map guides optimal placements for heart and lung auscultation, an ECG quality meter helps to obtain a clear rhythm strip, and a background mode option improves wireless auscultation and phone battery life. Download the Eko App for iOS or Android.
- Connected dashboard – We reinvented the Eko dashboard to connect you to multidimensional patient care, exam records, and colleagues. All data recorded on the Eko App is HIPAA compliant and safely stored on the dashboard. Login to the Eko dashboard.
Looking forward to 2021
Our team aims to help close the gap between virtual and in-person cardiac and pulmonary care with our latest round of investment. We will expand in-clinic use of Eko’s telehealth and AI algorithms for disease screening and launch a monitoring program for cardiopulmonary patients at home.
To help further support our partners, we plan to:
- Further improve the audio quality and acoustics of our devices on an ongoing basis.
- Expand internationally and make the Eko Platform available to clinicians in more regions around the world.
- Enhance the Eko App experience and make AI analysis tools widely accessible and easy to incorporate into an exam workflow.
- Expand how we help deliver telemedicine in the clinic and in patients’ homes.
Thank you to our amazing community of clinicians, hospitals, clinics, and health systems. We look forward to a healthy 2021!
Your Eko Team